Post by ZombieWrangler on May 17, 2017 12:40:58 GMT -6
Finallyhatched the new baby - it finished its gestation period at the Cerakote shop and got it out for it's first breaths (of fire)
It's embryo was an Aero Precision stripped lower, with a uniqueARs "blaster" upper in 223 wylde. I've gone drop-in trigger units on all my rifles, this one has a Rise armament 3.5lb curved trigger and it works awesome for bench shooting, clean break and very snappy reset. The Burris AR322 prism sight was pretty awesome as well - mounted and sighted to about 1" freehand at 30 yds, then moved over to the 100yd to dial it in. Works Great! wish I had a longer range
First build, and after some fair amount of cursing at various stages and my lack of propper tools (ahem, roll pins suck) I was first stumped by it not charging - turned out to be a tiny lip on the aftermarket receiver end plate with dual sling mount loops I got cheap at midway, it was too thik at the top and catching the charging handle. Filed that down and was working great until I tried to chamber a dummy round and it would not lock up. Cleaned the chamber and still a no-go. Then I had the brilliant idea that the Cerakote on the inside of the upper may have caused some tolerance issues, swapped out the BCG for the well broken in one off of my old A2 service rifle and it worked perfectly. She only wanted to shoot a few rounds to test it then head to her mom's for lunch - ended up emptying all 300+ rounds out of my ammo can. Now she's crying he shoulder is sore.
Post by ZombieWrangler on May 24, 2017 20:44:00 GMT -6
here is the spare parts rifle, Aero Precision "blem" upper/lower (I don't see any blemishes), 18" SPR barrell in 223wylde with rifle length gas, Magpul stock, Umbrella Corporation grip, and the "WTF is that straight trigger" CMC drop-in she didn't want. Now all I need are some sights.